The following conditions are presented in order to clarify the relationship between the clients and the owners with the object of avoiding any misunderstandings.
The premises are rented strictly on the basis that it is for holiday use only, no right to remain exists for the client or any person allowed into the property by him/her. (section 3 of the Rent Act 1977)
All names of guests who will be staying must be listed. Bookings made by third parties on behalf of other people will not be accepted. The person making the booking must be one of the guests staying in the property.
Bookings will be held for 3 days (unless otherwise stated) pending receipt of the requested deposit and booking form
Bookings will be confirmed on receipt of the booking form and requested deposit. The balance of payment is due 4 weeks prior to arrival, Non payment will be treated as a cancellation and the owners will attempt to re-let the property. If the booking is made within 4 weeks of arrival date the full amount is due immediately.
Cancellations must be immediately notified to us and confirmed in writing. The treatment of a cancellation will depend on: a) when the booking was made and b) when the cancellation is made.
The following cancellation terms apply to bookings placed between August 1st 2020 and January 7th 2021
- Under our Master Cancel Policy, valid on bookings made between August 1st 2020 and before January 7th 2021, cancelled bookings from 60 days up to and including 2 days prior to check-in date, will receive a full refund of the lodging costs you have paid. Refund payment for cancelled booking will be released back to the cancelling guest on the scheduled date of check out of the original booking
- If you cancel 61 or more days before your check in date we will refund any monies paid directly.
- Cancellations made within two days of arrival date will not receive a refund – you might like to look at alternative insurance to cover this period.
The following cancellation terms apply to bookings placed prior to August 1st 2020 and after January 7th 2021
- Bookings cancelled 31 days or more prior to arrival date will receive a full refund of any monies paid.
- Bookings cancelled within 31 days of arrival will be charged in full. However, every effort will be made to resell the cancelled dates and if successful any income received by reselling the cancelled dates will be returned to the cancelling party.
- Covid 10 – it is reassuring to know that if you are unable to travel to take your holiday, because of a national lock-down, or because you or Milford on sea are placed into a tier where travel is not permitted, we guarantee that you will receive a full refund. Please note that the refund guarantee only applies to the address given on the booking form at the time of booking and when the travel restrictions coincides with the period of your booking.
- The Covid 19 guarantee covers lock-downs and tier restrictions, but does not cover you (or members of your party) for being unable to travel because you, (or members of your party) fall ill with Covid 19, or are required to quarantine or self isolate. We strongly recommend that holiday insurance is taken out to cover any unforeseen circumstances. We recommend checking holiday insurance comparison sites such as www.gocompare.com
The owners reserve the right to cancel bookings in which case all payments will be returned.
All prices are quoted in UK £’s. Cheques to be made payable to Mulberry Barn. BACS/credit card details are available on the on-line booking form at the time of making the booking.
There is a security deposit of £200 for Mulberry Barn which is payable with the rental balance 6 weeks prior to arrival. (If booked within 6 weeks the security deposit is due immediately) Every effort will be made to return the deposit within a few days of your departure less the cost of any possible damage. Should the property require an excessive amount of cleaning at the end of a stay £20 per extra hour of cleaning will be deducted from the security deposit.
Letting will be as per the agreement commencing from 3pm on your arrival day and ending at 10 am on your departure day
If for any reason beyond owners control, the property is not available on the date booked, all rent paid in advance will be refunded in full. The clients will have no other claim against the owners.
The maximum amount of people occupying Mulberry Barn is 4 persons and two infants in cots. All names must be included on the booking form. No smoking is allowed in Mulberry Barn. One small dog is permitted.
The person signing the booking form or making the booking on-line certifies that he/she is authorised to agree to the terms and conditions of booking on behalf of all the persons included on the booking form.
The client is expected to leave the property as found on arrival.
Broadband is available. Excessive downloads will be charged for whilst illegal Internet activity will be reported to the police.
The client will not do, or suffer to be done on the property, anything which may be or become a nuisance to the owners or the occupiers of the adjoining properties or which may violate any insurance on the property against fire, or otherwise increase the ordinary premiums thereon.
The client will permit the owners with or without workmen to enter the property at any reasonable time, to inspect the condition or for the purpose of carrying out repairs.
The owner is not liable for any accident or injury occurring at the premises save where the accident or injury is as a result of the negligence or wilful misconduct of the owner.
The guest should not engage any third party to provide any service at the property without the consent of the owner (and where relevant the owner’s insurers) and that in making a request for consent, the guest should provide written details of the service provider (and any information requested by the owner’s insurers) and the service to be provided and that consent will only be given where the third party supplier has appropriate insurance cover and has provided information relating to the insurance that is required.
The owner will not accept liability for the activities of third party suppliers and where the owner makes a suggestion or recommendation of a particular third party supplier, that will be based on the genuine belief and experience of the owner/or feedback received by the owner from other guests / contacts, and the owner shall not be liable for the failure of a particular service provider to properly perform the relevant services , this being a matter between the guest and the relevant third service provider.
The owners will not be responsible for any incident, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience whether to property or persons, which the client or any other person may suffer or occur, out of or in any way connected with, the letting or from any other cause whatsoever.
If there are any breach of these conditions, the owners may re-enter the property and terminate the tenancy without prejudice to other rights and remedies of the landlord. The contract is deemed to have been made at Old Walls, Church Hill, Milford-on-sea. Hants. SO41 0QJ. and the proper law of the contract is English.